Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe epic story of the planet Arrakis, its Atreides rulers and their mortal enemies the Harkonnens is the finest, most widely acclaimed and enduring science fiction vel of this century. Huge in scope, towering in concept, it is a work that will live on in the reader's imagination.
- Author BiographyFrank Herbert was born in 1920 and spent most of early life in the Pacific Northwest of America. He was a professional photographer, journalist and occasional oyster-diver; he also had stints as a radio news commentator and jungle survival instructor. Though he is best known for Dune, he was also the author of several other important science fiction novels including The Green Brain, The Dragon in the Sea and The White Plague. He was awarded the Nebula and Hugo Awards - the highest literary accolades in the world of science fiction - for Dune. He died in 1986.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Frank Herbert
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/02/1982
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Out-of-print date26/06/2015
- Content Notemaps
- Weight316 g
- Width113 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- gonz-moli23 Feb, 2017by
So far so good
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- vettenmyer05 Apr, 2013by
Best. Book. Ever.
I already readed this book in spanish (my native language), and that day Dune became my favorite book of all times. I actually love this book, so intriguing, well written, and most of all, with a rich, complex and inmerse world. If you haven't readed it, do it. No more arguments. Just do it.