Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection extends and deepens understanding of the political, social, and cultural contexts through which the meanings of Durer's works can be perceived, and focuses on images which provide insights into his rich cultural milieu. Expanding views of nature and landscape, cultural strategies of collecting, the construction of national cultural identity, the humanist concern for a moral life, the transgressions of sexual order, and the gendered rituals of courtship are just some of the contemporary discourses and practices to which Durer's works are linked. Also discussed is the manner in which images were viewed in the early-sixteenth century, and the powers and dangers with which they were associated, and the collection concludes with an appreciation of the changing historical role which Durer himself has had within the European cultural tradition.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note77 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCharles Zika,Dagmar Eichberger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.