All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published nearly a quarter-century ago and one of the very few short-story collections to win the PEN/Faulkner Award, this is American fiction at its most vital--each narrative a masterpiece of sustained power and seemingly effortless literary grace. Two New York attorneys newly flush with wealth embark on a dissolute tour of Italy; an ambitious young screenwriter unexpectedly discovers the true meaning of art and glory; a rider, far off in the fields, is involved in an horrific accident--night is falling, and she must face her destiny alone. These stories confirm James Salter as one of the finest writers of our time.
- Author BiographyJames Salter is the author of the novels Light Years, A Sport and a Pastime, Solo Faces, The Arm of Flesh (revised as Cassada), and The Hunters, the memoirs Gods of Tin and Burning the Days, and the collection Last Night.Philip Gourevitch's books have received numerous honors, including the National Book Critics Circle Award. He has served as editor of The Paris Review and is a longtime staff writer for The New Yorker.
- Author(s)James Salter
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleModern Library (Paperback)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintModern Library Inc
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byPhilip Gourevitch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.