All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1848 - Superstition Mountain Wilderness, Republic of Mexico. Men work frantically in an anymous mine pulling gold out of the ground before the territory is turned over to the United States and the precious ore is lost forever. Making their way south, Apaches attack the miners leaving a lone survivor. Present day. Jake McMasters has problems of his own. Uprooted from his life in New York City and moved to a small town in Arizona, Jake's big city background and attitude make him an easy target for the local toughs. After meeting CJ, a classmate who gets him out of a sticky situation, Jake learns the legend of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. When Jake finds a te, hidden away for almost a century, the two set out into the mountains to search for the long lost mine. Along the way, they come up against unscrupulous treasure hunters, a band of Indians and their mysterious leader, and the local bullies, all while trying t to arouse the suspicions of their families. Will Jake and CJ figure out the clues to the mine's location? Or will they disappear in the mountains taking the secret of the lost gold mine to their graves?
- Author(s)Tim MacDonald
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.