Dyad Leadership in Healthcare: When One Plus One is Greater Than Two by Kathleen D. Sanford, Stephen L. Moore (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a practical and insightful how-to on creating shared health care management, dive into Dyad Clinical Leadership. Offering expert guidance from a successful clinical dyad, this unique, forward-looking reference maps the way to enacting clinical co-leadership, while avoiding the pitfalls of power imbalances, communication gaps, and lack of management training. Use the authors' proven methods and everyday examples to create collaborative co-management among clinicians from a range of disciplines-while reducing costs and improving patient outcomes. Topics include: history of healthcare management, leadership models and payment systems; integrating and maximizing the skills of clinical and nclinical professionals; forming dyad-led teams and multiple partnerships: choosing or being assigned a partner, challenges of shared leadership; essential skills; sharing power; learning dyad skills; handling internal team problems, dynamics and power shifts; the next era of health care management - leadership in hospitals, units, and clinics; Dyads in Action - Real-life stories in each chapter detailing examples of team-building and how different teams have dealt with dyad challenges; numerous dyad examples, such as CMIO and CNIO, CMO and CNO, Chief Quality Officer and CNO. It includes: detailed, real-world direction on creating integrated management teams - Individual roles, providing management training, choosing leaders with complementary skills, making data-driven decisions. It discusses organizational change management models and how to enact change management, develop high-functioning, multidisciplinary teams led by dyad leaders, and use design development tools. It presents theoretical management models presented within real-life co-leadership scenarios. It is an excellent guide for clinical and nclinical leaders alike, including nurses, physicians, and all those interested in the new healthcare leadership model.
- Author BiographyKathleen Sanford DBA, RN, CENP, FACHE has worked extensively in health care for over forty years. Since retiring as chief nurse of the Washington Army National Guard, Ms. Sanford actively participates in Catholic health Initiatives (CHI), has served in leadership positions for numerous community and charitable organizations, and is a board member of several health care organizations. She is currently Editor-In-Chief of the journal Nursing Administration Quarterly. Stephen L. Moore, MD has held the titles of Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer for the Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) since 2009. His areas of expertise and executive responsibility span quality and safety, electronic health records (including HIE, clinical informatics, and analytics), telemedicine and telehealth business lines, physician leadership development, and clinical resource utilization. Prior to those roles he was a practicing family physician.
- Author(s)Kathleen D. Sanford,Stephen L. Moore
- PublisherLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.