All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAlcohol causes more misery, illness and death than any other substance. Alcohol is one of the three biggest lifestyle risk factors for disease and death after smoking and obesity, and a causal factor in more than 60 medical conditions, including various cancers, cirrhosis depression. In the UK in 2012-13, there were 1,008,850 hospital admissions related to alcohol consumption. Dying for a Drink is a -nsense, lively and accessible guide to alcohol and alcoholism, by bestselling consultant psychiatrist Dr Tim Cantopher. This new edition updates the recommended units of alcohol, and tracks the rise in alcohol-related conditions - in particular liver disease, w the fifth most common cause of death in the UK.
- Author BiographyDr Tim Cantopher studied at University College, London, and University College Hospital. He trained as a psychiatrist at St James' Hospital, Portsmouth, and St George's Hospital Medical School. He has been a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists since 1983 and was elected fellow of the college in 1999. Before his retirement, Dr Cantopher worked as a consultant psychiatrist with the Priory Group of Hospitals for many years, and he has published a number of research projects across the field of psychiatry. He is the author of the best-selling Depressive Illness; The Curse of the Strong, Stress-related Illness and Beating Insomnia.
- Author(s)Tim Cantopher
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheldon Press
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.