All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCulture Studies must be considered seriously; there is a vital need for it since the problem of intercultural understanding is so great. There must be a place for it in academic studies even if this is difficult due to its interdisciplinary character. It is difficult to define since it constitutes itself in the interaction of the learner with the foreign culture: a culture can be described but it has to be experienced. Students can study literature, linguistics and language, but must also study the element that connects these: the ecomic, sociological, political, historical and cultural background that explains them.
- Author(s)Margaret Wright
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/1988
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAspects of English Intellectual, Cultural & Literary History S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.