All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Used by over a half-million students, the best-selling Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children offers the next generation of physical education teachers the best guide in step-by-step techniques for teaching physical education. This text covers everything from games and activities suitable for every developmental level to teaching strategies and guidelines for every classroom situation. Whether instructors are starting a new program, restructuring an established one, or working with a team in an existing system, Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children provides the best combination of theoretical framework and hands-on activities available. The Seventeenth Edition underscores the importance of lesson plans provided in the accompanying Curriculum Guide by calling them out in the text and including them with the main text at additional charge, offering the best value to students of running a successful PE class from Day 1. Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children provides solid suggestions to incorporate physical education elements into classroom spaces, highlights the importance of teaching toward every student, emphasizes the tie between academics and PE, and underscores the importance of lifetime physical activity.
- Author BiographyRobert Pangrazi, Ph.D., taught for 31 years at Arizona State University, Tempe, in the Department of Exercise Science and Physical Education, and is now Professor Emeritus. An AAHPERD Honor Fellow and a Fellow in the Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, he was honored by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) with the Margie Hanson Distinguished Service Award. He is a best-selling author of numerous books and texts over the years, including multiple editions of Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children, and Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Children, with Paul W. Darst (Benjamin Cummings). He co-edited Toward a Better Understanding of Physical Fitness and Activity: Selected Topics, for the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, with Chuck Corbin (a McGraw-Hill fitness and wellness author). In addition to numerous other books and texts, he has written many journal articles and scholarly papers for publication. He is the lead author of our new first edition text, Promoting Physical Activity and Health in the Classroom, addressing the growing classroom teacher market. Aaron Beighle, Ph.D., is an instructor of university-level Physical Education and Physical Activity for Youth courses. In addition to numerous scholarly articles and other academic materials and frequent chapter contributions to a number of widely-used texts, he has co-authored the previous edition of Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children (16/e), Promoting Physical Activity and Health in the Classroom (1/e, 2009, Pearson), Pedometer Power (2e, 2007, Human Kinetics), and Physical Activity for Children: A Statement of Guidelines for Children Ages 5-12 (2/e, 2004, NASPE). His areas of research include physical activity promotion, specifically examining school-based physical activity programs, and the use of pedometers to encourage physical activity for youth. He is currently an Associate Professor at the University of Kentucky, Lexington in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion.
- Author(s)Aaron Beighle,Robert P. Pangrazi
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Weight2395 g
- Width222 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement17th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.