All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncorporating a number of the author's recent ideas and examples, Dynamic Programming: Foundations and Principles, Second Edition presents a comprehensive and rigorous treatment of dynamic programming. The author emphasizes the crucial role that modeling plays in understanding this area. He also shows how Dijkstra's algorithm is an excellent example of a dynamic programming algorithm, despite the impression given by the computer science literature. New to the Second Edition * Expanded discussions of sequential decision models and the role of the state variable in modeling * A new chapter on forward dynamic programming models * A new chapter on the Push method that gives a dynamic programming perspective on Dijkstra's algorithm for the shortest path problem * A new appendix on the Corridor method Taking into account recent developments in dynamic programming, this edition continues to provide a systematic, formal outline of Bellman's approach to dynamic programming. It looks at dynamic programming as a problem-solving methodology, identifying its constituent components and explaining its theoretical basis for tackling problems.
- Author BiographyMoshe Sniedovich is a Principal Fellow (Associate) in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Melbourne in Australia. Dr. Sniedovich has worked at the Israel Ministry of Agriculture, University of Arizona, Princeton University, IBM TJ Watson Research Center, and South Africa National Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences. He earned his B.Sc. from Technion and his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Moshe Sniedovich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2010
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 297
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Series Edited byEarl Taft,Zuhair Nashed
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.