All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a challenge to both historical-critical and 'pure' literary-critical approaches to the subject of the Holy Spirit in Luke-Acts through a new and holistic perspective, 'dynamic biblical narrative criticism'. By means of this methodology, Hur attempts to explore the Lukan Spirit within the broader repertoire of biblical narrative, the Jewish Bible. This approach allows Hur to elucidate the narrative role of the Spirit in Luke-Acts in terms of point of view, characterisation, plot, and function and their effects on the implied reader. This wide-ranging study also considers theological implications raised for today's readers.
- Author BiographyJu Hur is Lecturer in New Testament Studies at Asia United Theological University in Seoul, South Korea.
- Author(s)Ju Hur
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/10/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.