Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe heh~vior of matter anrl waves in a rlynamical setting nffer~ many challenging prohlems to the mathematician anrl the m~terials scientist alike. Unrler review in this volume are a variety of nlioear phemena whose con- sirleration entails new perspectives, oot commooly fouorl in the literatllre. Of particular te is the experimental aspect of many of the papers. In arlrlition, attention has been given ta the interaction of electromagnetic anrl mechanical pro- perties of materials. Ouestions arise which cannat naw he answererl. Attempts are marle to rlescrihe anrl to unrlerstand phemena which are far from equilihrium ar which suffer ahrupt changes in behavior. Some of this requires tentative physical or aoalytical assumptions. The hases for these hypotheses lie in the quest for a rational theory which agrees with experiment. This Volume anr! Volume 2, ~scUJation theory, compution, an'!. methorls ~ com- pensated ~~mpact~ess, offer oi fferent vi ewpoi nts of some of the rlynami cal stllrli es considereo during the 19f14-19R5 IMA program, Continullm Physics and Partial Differenti al Equati ons. Contents of the other volumes, fOllnrl at the enrl of the hook, contain other relevant titles.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/1986
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight664 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byConstantine M. Dafermos,J. L. Ericksen,J.L. Bona
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.