All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionModelling and analysis of dynamical systems is a widespread practice as it is important for engineers to kw how a given physical or engineering system will behave under specific circumstances. This text provides a comprehensive and systematic introduction to the methods and techniques used for translating physical problems into mathematical language, focusing on both linear and nlinear systems. Highly practical in its approach, with solved examples, summaries, and sets of problems for each chapter, Dynamics for Engineers covers all aspects of the modelling and analysis of dynamical systems. It introduces the Newtonian, Lagrangian, Hamiltonian, and Bond Graph methodologies, and illustrates how these can be effectively used for obtaining differential equations for a wide variety of mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical systems. It: develops a geometric understanding of the dynamics of physical systems by introducing the state space, and the character of the vector field around equilibrium points; sets out features of the dynamics of nlinear systems, such as like limit cycles, high period orbits, and chaotic orbits; and, establishes methodologies for formulating discrete time models, and for developing dynamics in discrete state space. Senior undergraduate and graduate students in electrical, mechanical, civil, aeronautical and allied branches of engineering will find this book a valuable resource, as will lecturers in system modelling, analysis, control and design. This text will also be useful for students and engineers in the field of mechatronics.
- Author BiographySoumitro Banerjee has been at the Indian Institute of Technology, in the Department of Electrical Engineering since 1985. He currently teaches courses on 'Dynamics of Physical Systems', 'Signals and Networks', 'Energy Resources and Technology', 'Fractals, Chaos and Dynamical Systems' and 'Nonconventional Electrical Power Generation'. His research interests include bifurcation theory and chaos, and he has written and co-written over 43 papers on these subjects.
- Author(s)Soumitro Banerjee
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.