All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the dynamics of low molecular weight and polymeric molecules when they are constrained under conditions of geometrical confinement. It covers geometrical confinement in different dimensionalities: (i) in nameter thin layers or self supporting films (1-dimensional confinement) (ii) in pores or tubes with nametric diameters (2-dimensional confinement) (iii) as micelles embedded in matrices (3-dimensional) or as nadroplets. The dynamics under such conditions have been a much discussed and central topic in the focus of intense worldwide research activities within the last two decades. The present book discusses how the resulting molecular mobility is influenced by the subtle counterbalance between surface effects (typically slowing down molecular dynamics through attractive guest/host interactions) and confinement effects (typically increasing the mobility). It also explains how these influences can be modified and tuned, e.g. through appropriate surface coatings, film thicknesses or pore diameters. Dynamics in Confinement sums up the present state-of-the-art and introduces to the analytical methods of choice for the study of dynamics in nameter-scale confinement.
- Author BiographyFor over 20 years, Friedrich Kremer has been Editor-in-Chief for the journal Colloid and Polymer Science. His research interests include broadband dielectric spectroscopy, time-resolved FTIR-spectroscopy and experiments with optical tweezers. Friedrich Kremer has authored and co-authored over 300 scientific publications. His achievements have been honored with several awards, including the Karl Heinz Beckurts-Prize 2005 for his achievements in Broadband Dielectric Spectroscopy and its applications, and the Wolfgang Ostwald Prize of the German Colloid Society 2011. The book Broadband Dielectric Spectroscopy , edited by F. Kremer & A. Schonhals, was published in 2002 and it marked the beginning of a new era of dielectric spectroscopy. Prof. Kremer is one of the founders of the International Dielectrics Society. He is also the founder and Series Editor of the book series Advances in Dielectrics . His new edited book Dynamics in Geometrical Confinement in the series Advances in Dielectrics summarizes the latest advancements in the field on confined systems with contributions by the world-renowned experts.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- Series TitleAdvances in Dielectrics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 116 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight575 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFriedrich Kremer
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.