All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionUnique, cutting-edge material on structural dynamics and natural forces for offshore structures Using the latest advances in theory and practice, Dynamics of Offshore Structures, Second Edition is extensively revised to cover all aspects of the physical forces, structural modeling, and mathematical methods necessary to effectively analyze the dynamic behavior of offshore structures. Both closed-form solutions and the Mathematica(r) software package are used in many of the up-to-date example problems to compute the deterministic and stochastic structural responses for such offshore structures as buoys; moored ships; and fixed-bottom, cable-stayed, and gravity-type platforms. Throughout the book, consideration is given to the many assumptions involved in formulating a structural model and to the natural forces encountered in the offshore environment. These analyses focus on plane motions of elastic structures with linear and nlinear restraints, as well as motions induced by the forces of currents, winds, earthquakes, and waves, including the latest theories and information on wave mechanics. Topics addressed include multidegree of freedom linear structures, continuous system analysis (including the motion of cables and pipelines), submerged pile design, structural modal damping, fluid-structure-soil interactions, and single degree of freedom structural models that, together with plane wave loading theories, lead to deterministic or time history predictions of structural responses. These analyses are extended to statistical descriptions of both wave loading and structural motion. Dynamics of Offshore Structures, Second Edition is a valuable text for students in civil and mechanical engineering programs and an indispensable resource for structural, geotechnical, and construction engineers working with offshore projects.
- Author BiographyJAMES F. WILSON, PHD, is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Duke University. He has earned numerous awards and authored several hundred papers, along with five previous books. BRUCE J. MUGA, PHD, is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Duke University. During his career, he worked with the U.S. Naval Civil Engineering Laboratory in Port Hueneme, California. LYMON C. REESE, PHD, is the Nasser I. Al-Rashid Chair Emeritus and Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Texas in Austin. He is also principal at Ensoft, Inc., a distributor of engineering software, and a consultant with Lymon C. Reese & Associates, a subsidiary of Ensoft.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2002
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJames F. Wilson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.