All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne-dimensional quantum systems show fascinating properties beyond the scope of the mean-field approximation. However, the complicated mathematics involved is a high barrier to n-specialists. Written for graduate students and researchers new to the field, this book is a self-contained account of how to derive the exotic quasi-particle picture from the exact solution of models with inverse-square interparticle interactions. The book provides readers with an intuitive understanding of exact dynamical properties in terms of exotic quasi-particles which are neither bosons r fermions. Powerful concepts, such as the Yangian symmetry in the Sutherland model and its lattice versions, are explained. A self-contained account of n-symmetric and symmetric Jack polymials is also given. Derivations of dynamics are made easier, and are more concise than in the original papers, so readers can learn the physics of one-dimensional quantum systems through the simplest model.
- Author BiographyYoshio Kuramoto is a Professor of Physics at Tohoku University, Japan. He is an expert on strongly correlated electron systems, and has authored and co-authored several books and many papers in related research fields. He is a member of the Physical Society of Japan, and has served as one of the editors of the society's journal. Yusuke Kato is an Associate Professor in the Department of Basic Science at the University of Tokyo. His working fields are physics of condensed matter, correlated electron systems in one dimension, integrable systems in one dimension, superconductivity and Bose-Einstein condensation.
- Author(s)Yosio Kuramoto,Yusuke Kato
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 b/w illus.
- Weight1100 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.