All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering important social work issues aimed at today's students, paired articles 'talk to each other,' thus setting up a clear 'pro-con' format. Each pair of readings features an introduction with a list of 'Points to Ponder' which introduces students to the issues they'll encounter as they read, and ends with a conclusion entitled 'The Continuing Debate.' The book serves as a supplemental text to be used in Social Work Policy classes at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Author BiographyAs an assistant professor at Illinois State University, Gardenia Harris, Ph.D., MSW, teaches social welfare policy and field practicum courses. Her research interests include racial disparities in the provision and outcomes of social services, the differential impact of child welfare policies on minorities, the effectiveness of drug treatment courts, and HIV among middle-aged African American women. She began her career working as an in-home family therapist, and later served as a manager of an adolescent residential treatment facility. Subsequently she was employed as an academic skills counselor at a private college. Bernard Ivan Tamas, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of Politics and Government at Illinois State University. Professor Tamas has been a Fulbright scholar to the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary, a postdoctoral fellow at the Harvard-MIT Data Center, a visiting scholar at Harvard's Center for Basic Research in the Social Sciences, and a visiting professor at both Brandeis University and Williams College. This is his third authored or co-authored book. Nancy S. Lind is professor of politics and government and associate department chair at Illinois State University. Her specializations include public administration and policy as well as bureaucracy and the American presidency. She has four edited books including Violence and Its Alternatives, Presidents from Reagan through Clinton, Controversies of the George W. Bush Presidency, and Comparative Public Administration.
- Author(s)Bernard Ivan Tamas,Gardenia Harris,Nancy S. Lind
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/05/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.