All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique look at the inner workings of a major league baseball team and how the Red Sox went from perennial losers to baseball's next dynasty.When the Boston Red Sox defeated the Colorado Rockies in the 2007 World Series, they did more than win their second world championship in four seasons---they changed forever the identity of a franchise once defined by its spectacular failures. If winning the 2004 World Series permanently buried Boston's tragic past, the team's 2007 championship reinforced its promising future while changing the culture, mentality, and mind-set of the Red Sox and their followers.But the team's meteoric rise was t without controversy, and behind-the-scene clashes and infighting within the organization are revealed here in detail for the first time: The wildly popular pitcher Pedro Martinez and outfield sensation Johnny Damon were allowed to depart as free agents, and the Red Sox had to endure the temporary resignation of General Manager Theo Epstein. Author Tony Massarotti has been covering the Red Sox since the 1991 season and in Dynasty, Massarotti provides an in-depth and probing look at how the Red Sox became the most successful franchise in baseball.
- Author BiographyA longtime Boston sportswriter now with the Boston Globe, Tony Massarotti has been covering the Red Sox and major league baseball since 1991. His two previous books include the explosive New York Times bestseller, BIG PAPI: MY STORY OF BIG DREAMS AND BIG HITS, and the Boston Globe bestseller A TALE OF TWO CITIES: THE 2004 RED SOX-YANKEES RIVALRY AND THE WAR FOR THE PENNANT with New York Daily News columnist John Harper. He lives in the Boston area with his wife, Natalie, and their sons, Alexander and Xavier.
- Author(s)Tony Massarotti
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byJason Varitek
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.