All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinston Churchill, Andy Warhol, Walt Disney, Tom Cruise, Agatha Christie, Pablo Picasso. All famous and successful in their chosen professions. All dyslexic. Around 5 to 15% of speakers of alphabetic languages (e.g. English, French and Spanish) are dyslexic; around 4% severely so. But what is dyslexia? Are there different types of dyslexia? Is it more likely to occur in boys than in girls? Is there a cure? What resources are available to help dyslexic children and adults? Nicola Brunswick answers these, and other, questions informed by current thinking and cutting-edge research. Includes chapters on the causes and symptoms of dyslexia, the importance of sound and vision to reading, the incidence and manifestation of dyslexia across alphabetic and n-alphabetic languages, and lists of dedicated dyslexia resources - support associations, websites, and assistive techlogy.
- Author BiographyDr Nicola Brunswick is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Middlesex University, UK, and a trustee of the British Dyslexia Association. She researches in the areas of reading and developmental dyslexia, and has presented the findings of her research around the world. Her research has appeared in the journals Brain, Nature Neuroscience, and Science.
- Author(s)Nicola Brunswick
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBeginner's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Noteill
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.