All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDYSLEXIA MY LIFE - one man's story of his life with a learning disability. In elementary school Mr. Sagmiller was diagsed as mentally retarded by his teacher and school administrators, who recommended that his family institutionalize him. In reality he suffered from dyslexia, which can affect speech, reading, time perception, and can slow learning in some subjects. In his book, DYSLEXIA MY LIFE, Mr. Sagmiller discusses his struggles to overcome the igrance and prejudice of his friends, family and society in general, to succeed in school (getting his MBA), business and life.
- Author BiographyWhy can't Johnny or Sally read? Girard explains first hand why and what can be done. Girard speaks candidly about his struggles growing up and the negative perceptions people had of him. He explains how he overcame being told he was mentally incapable of functioning in school, to go on to achieve a Master's Degree in Business Administration. He shares with the audience not only the deep personal pain of his life, but his own creative techniques and skills used to overcome this disability. He explains how he learned to live successfully as a dyslexic. Girard travels internationally as a computer consultant for a world-wide organization and moonlights as a professional model and actor for companies such as Levi Jeans and Anheuser-Busch Inc. Girard's story will deeply touch you. It will remind you that everyone, whether having been diagnosed with a learning disability or not, can benefit from learning how to deal with the obstacles that threaten to hold them back in life. Girard's autobiography also tells his story well.Girard wants to help you, inform you, and support you. He is available, at your convenience, to answer further questions you may have.
- Author(s)Girard J Sagmiller,Sam Sagmiller
- PublisherGifted Learning Project
- Date of Publication28/10/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGifted Learning Project
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.