All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a developmental approach, this accessible text addresses the ever increasing interest in identifying the characteristics of dyslexia in young children and reflects on the best way to reach and support these learners. Drawing upon current research, the author considers our current understanding of dyslexia and calls upon best practice to advise professionals, students and family members alike who seek to fulfil the potential of young children with, or showing the signs of, dyslexia. This book considers key topics explored in current best practice and dyslexia research, including: * the importance of the role of speaking, hearing and understanding language * dyslexia in relation to other languages and orthographies * dyslexia and overlapping characteristics, particularly dyspraxia * the role of play * identifying and assessing dyslexia in the early years. Adopting a dyslexia-friendly position, Barbara Pavey ackwledges the ethics associated with a social model of disability, so that the focus is upon modifying teaching and learning, and respecting the views of children and parents throughout. This book includes assessment and practice strategies, good practice points, helpful ideas, first-hand narratives of dyslexia, pointers for further reading, resources and online tools, and will be of ermous practical use to anyone supporting a young child with potential or diagsed dyslexia.
- Author BiographyBarbara Pavey is an independent dyslexia consultant and an educational consultant.
- Author(s)Barbara E. Pavey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDavid Fulton / Nasen
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.