All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by award-winning author Sylvia Moody, this jargon-free guide to good practice in dyslexia workplace consultancy, and related legal issues, provides comprehensive coverage in four clearly distinguished areas: Professional dilemma chapters discuss tricky issues which have arisen in practice. General perspective chapters take the viewpoint of professionals such as HR managers or trades-union representatives. How to do it right chapters offer advice on how to carry out diagstic, workplace needs and legal assessments, and on devising training programmes. Information Point chapters provide brief information on general topics such as dyslexic difficulties in the workplace, emotional problems related to dyslexia, and the application of the Disability Discrimination Act. With contributions from leading experts on workplace consultancy, this definitive guide will be of interest to dyslexia professionals, managers, legal professionals, trades unions, coaches, mentors and careers advisors - as well as dyslexic employees and job-seekers.
- Author BiographyDr Sylvia Moody has a PhD in Psychology, a diploma in Clinical Psychology and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. She runs the Dyslexia Assessment Service in London, is the author of Dyslexia: A Teenager's Guide (2006), Dyslexia: Surviving and Succeeding at College (2007), Dyslexia: How to Survive and Succeed at Work (2006), and has also written several children's books.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited bySylvia Moody
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.