All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the pathogenesis of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) infections encompasses many different disciplines, including clinical microbiology, diagstics, animal ecology, and food safety, as well as the cellular microbiology of both bacterial pathogenesis and the mechanisms of toxin action. E. coli: Shiga Toxin Methods and Protocols aims to bring together a number of experts from each of these varied fields in order to o- line some of the basic protocols for the diagsis and study of STEC pat- genesis. We hope that our book will prove a valuable resource for the clinical microbiologist as well as the cellular microbiologist. For the clinical microbiologist, our aim is to detail a number of current protocols for the detection of STEC in patient samples, each of which have their own advantages. Chapter 1 provides an introduction into the medical significance of STEC infections. Chapters 2-7 follow with protocols for the diagsis and detection of STEC bacteria in patient and animal samples.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 73
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight686 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDana Philpott,Frank Ebel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.