Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by tiahni-rose
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
- AU $56.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume documents the remarkable range of E H Gombrich's achievements, from his first article published in 1930 to a book review, letters, a lecture and other pieces published as recently as April 2000. Following established bibliographical principles, it lists in chrological order the staggering range of his books, articles, reviews, prefaces and other published pieces, giving each item a unique reference number. The documentation is as complete as the author and publisher can possibly make it, and includes countless reprints, new editions and translations. There are full indexes of titles, books reviewed and names. This bibliography will be an invaluable working tool for scholars, libraries and bibliophiles. Simultaneously it embodies a monumental tribute to one of the greatest scholars of the age, who died in 2001. Throughout his career Gombrich was a prolific author. In addition to the world-famous Story of Art and Art and Illusion, he published a long succession of scholarly articles, many of which have been republished in his volumes of collected essays and translated into numerous languages. This complete listing of all these works and assorted smaller pieces provides a testament to the extraordinary spectrum of Gombrich's interests and his international standing as a scholar and popularizer of art and culture.
- Author BiographyProfessor J B Trapp is a distinguished authority on the Renaissance and the Classical tradition, and the author of Erasmus, Coletand More: The Early Tudor Humanists and their Books (1991). He succeeded Professor Gombrich as Director of the Warburg Institute and Professor of the History of the Classical Tradition at the University of London - posts that he held until his retirement in 1990.
- Author(s)J. B. Trapp
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note1 b&w illustration, bibliography, indexes
- Weight445 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.