All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of E-Learning in the 21st Century provides a coherent, comprehensive, and empirically-based framework for understanding e-learning in higher education. Garrison draws on his decades of experience and extensive research in the field to explore the techlogical, pedagogical, and organizational implications of e-learning. Most importantly, he provides practical models that educators can use to realize the full potential of e-learning. This book is unique in that it focuses less on the long list of ever-evolving techlogies and more on the search for an understanding of these techlogies from an educational perspective. The second edition has been fully revised and updated throughout and includes discussions of social media and mobile learning applications as well as other emerging techlogies in today's classrooms. This book is an invaluable resource for courses on e-learning in higher education as well as for researchers, practitioners and senior administrators looking for guidance on how to successfully adopt e-learning in their institutions.
- Author BiographyDr. D. Randy Garrison is the Director of the Teaching & Learning Centre and a professor in the Faculty of Education at the University of Calgary. He is the author of eight books, including Blended Learning in Higher Education (2008) and An Introduction to Distance Education: Understanding Teaching and Learning in a New Era (2010). Dr. Garrison was the recipient of the 2009 Sloan-C Award for Most Outstanding Achievement in Online Learning by an Individual.
- Author(s)D. Randy Garrison
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/10/2016
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.