All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at current research and future directions in e-lexicography. Online dictionaries and reference tools are increasingly prevalent in a digitized and internet-led era in language study that has embraced computational linguistics. This book responds with theoretical and practical analysis of key topics, from a global range of contributors. Since COBUILD in the 1980s, lexicographers have found it essential to engage with and utilize electronic computational tools. Internet dictionaries, online reference tools and even search engine optimization demand a kwledge of electronic lexicography and force a reassessment of the field. This volume looks at, amongst other topics: Polyfunctional versus mofunctional dictionary tools Developing theories of lexicography for electronic mediums Distinguishing between the database and the dictionary Online dictionaries t as data repositories but as sophisticated search engines This volume will appeal to scholars inlexicography and to practicing lexicographers.
- Author BiographyPedro A. Fuertes-Olivera is an Associate Professor at the University of Valladolid, Spain. Henning Bergenholtz is a Full Professor at the University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHenning Bergenholtz,Pedro A. Fuertes-Olivera
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.