E-boat Vs. MTB: The English Channel 1941-45 by Gordon Williamson (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring WWII, German E-Boats were so active in the English Channel that the narrow stretch of water became kwn as 'E-Boat Alley'. To counter the threat of these E-Boats, Britain brought its coastal forces to bear - flotillas of small Motor Torpedo and Gun Boats (MTBs and MGBs) and Motor Launches (MLs). As the Germans sought to maintain their supremacy in Channel waters, they continued to develop their E-Boat designs to accommodate more armor and more firepower. Rather than matching the newer E-Boats for armament, the British developed several types to fulfill the varied roles for which the Kriegsmarine were attempting to use the E-Boat. This book details this developing conflict, examining the evolution of the boats involved, and covering the their battles from fights in the Thames Estuary to the build-up for D-Day.
- Author BiographyGordon Williamson was born in 1951 and currently works for the Scottish Land Register. He spent seven years with the Military Police TA and has published a number of books and articles on the decorations of the Third Reich and their recipients. He is the author of a number of World War II titles for Osprey. Ian Palmer is a highly experienced digital artist. A graduate in 3D Design, he currently works as Art Director for a leading UK games developer. Besides his artistic interests he is also a keen musician and motorcyclist. He lives in Surrey with his wife and daughter, and two cats. Ian completed the three-way views, elevations and armament illustrations in this volume, as well as the cover artwork. Howard Gerrard studied at the Wallasey School of Art and has been a freelance designer and illustrator for over 20 years. He has worked for a number of publishers and is an associate member of the Guild of Aviation Artists. He has won both the Society of British Aerospace Companies Award and the Wilkinson Sword Trophy and has illustrated a number of books for Osprey including Campaign 69: Nagashino 1575, and Campaign 72: Jutland 1916. Howard lives and works in Kent. He completed the battlescenes in this volume.
- Author(s)Gordon Williamson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleDuel
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 34
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 b/w; 12 col
- Weight267 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ian Palmer,Howard Gerrard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.