All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, co-written by a team of European competition law specialists, offers critical perspectives on the whole range of issues in EC competition law. The book has two distinctive features: the first is that unlike similar works which present the law from either an enforcement agency or practitioner perspective in a fairly conventional manner, this work offers fresh, critical reflections on the state of the law. The second is that the authors are young academics, practitioners and administrators who have worked in the relevant fields and who are relatively new voices in the competition law literature. Drawn from diverse jurisdictions and professional backgrounds the authors bring a distinctively European feel (for instance t drawing exclusively on English language literature), and manage to introduce debates that have been taking place in the n-English language world, thereby assisting a more comprehensive dialogue in this field. The diversity in their professional backgrounds means that each chapter adopts a different perspective, with some chapters focusing on practical solutions to problems, and others exploring more general theoretical questions. The textbook-like structure places the issues in their appropriate contexts and ensures that readers see how the discussion in each chapter links with the body of law as a whole. The book is aimed at academic lawyers and practitioners, complementing existing textbooks and allowing the reader to extend his or her understanding of the subject and provide a quick source of reference to the main doctrinal debates on the subject, and offer fresh perspectives on the topics covered. The impact of EC competition law beyond Europe also means that this book will appeal to lawyers in the US, Australia, Canada and beyond.
- Author BiographyGiuliano Amato is Minister of the Interior of the Italian Republic, former Vice-Chairman of the European Convention, former Prime Minister of Italy, former Chairman of the Italian Antitrust Authority, and Professor at the European University Institute, Florence. Claus Dieter Ehlermann is Senior Counsel at the Brussels office of Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering, Hale & Dorr LLP, former Chairman and Member of the Appellate Body of the WTO, former Director-General for Competition at the European Commission, and former Professor at the European University Institute. Associate Editor Assimakis P. Komninos is a Local Partner at the Brussels office of White & Case LLP, a visiting lecturer at IREA - Universite Paul Cezanne Aix - Marseille III and a visiting research fellow at University College London (UCL).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1615 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byAssimakis Komninos
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.