All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author examines the two most advanced eco-city projects: the Si-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City in China, and Masdar City in Abu Dhabi. These are the most table attempts at building new eco-cities to both face up to the 'crises' of the modern world and to use the city as an engine for transition to a low-carbon ecomy.
- Author BiographyFederico Caprotti is Senior Lecturer in Cities and Sustainability at the Department of Geography, King's College London, UK. His main interests lie in the links between nature and the city. He has carried out historical research, as well as more contemporary work, on eco-cities in China and the Gulf. Federico's research has been funded by the British Academy, the Royal Geographical Society, and the Nuffield Foundation. In 2013 he was an academic writing fellow at the Rockefeller Foundation's Bellagio Center, working on eco-cities. Federico has previously been a member of faculty at various UK institutions, including Oxford University, University College London (UCL), the University of Leicester, and Plymouth University. He holds a bachelor's degree and a DPhil from Oxford University.
- Author(s)Federico Caprotti
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight324 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.