All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParalleling emerging trends in cyber-health techlogy, concerns are mounting about racial and ethnic disparities in health care utilization and outcomes. This book brings these themes together, challenging readers to use, promote, and develop new techlogy-based methods for closing these gaps. Edited by a leading urban health advocate and featuring 16 expert contributors, the book examines cyber-strategies with the greatest potential toward effective, equitable care, improved service delivery and better health outcomes for all. The rise of e-Patients and the transformation of the doctor-patient relationship are also discussed.
- Author BiographyMichael Christopher Gibbons is Associate Director of the Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute and Assistant Professor of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He was recently elected President of the International Society for Urban Health. One of Gibbons's research interests is the development of effective health interventions to reduce health disparities. He is the founding director of the Center for Community Health Education, Advocacy and Leadership Training at Hopkins (HEALTH), is a member of the Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions, and was named a Health Disparities Scholar by the National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities at the National Institutes of Health.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMichael Christopher Gibbons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.