Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionEMS: A Practical Global Guidebook is the first international resource for EMS services edited by an international team of experts. The World Health Organization recognizes that each year more than 100 million people worldwide sustain injuries and more than five million people die from violence and injury, and that 90 per cent of the global burden of violence and injury mortality occurs in low and middle-income countries. The WHO also recognizes that improved organization and planning for provision of trauma and emergency care is an essential part of integrated health-care delivery that it plays an important role in preparedness for, and response to, mass-casualty incidents. EMS organization and planning lowers mortality, reduces disability, and prevents other adverse health outcomes arising from the burden of everyday injuries.
- Author BiographyJames Holliman, MD, Associate Residency Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Milton Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)James Holliman,Peter Cameron
- PublisherPMPH-USA Limited
- Date of Publication13/08/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationShelton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPMPH-USA Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight972 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJudith E. Tintinalli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.