All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe format of the presentation of cases allows the reader to gain insights on teaching from the vantage point of the students' proficiency, the teacher's perspective, the writers' questions and suggested answers and finally the critical commentary. Readers are treated as thinking professionals who are capable of analysing the acts of language teaching through the teaching excerpts and the dynamic lesson transcriptions. The questions and critical commentary encourage deeper and more critical processing rather than a superficial interpretation of the teaching act. The cases, derived from authentic teaching contexts, encourage readers to appreciate the rich tapestry of teaching with all its complexities. Designed to promote professional discussions and deeper reflective and more effective practice, this book is a must for the teacher education classroom as well as an important resource for serving teachers who wish to draw on their theoretical and practical kwledge to discuss their teaching. Through this book, theory and practice are inextricably intertwined and professionalism in language teaching is fostered all with the hope of improving the climate, culture and practice of English language teaching professionals.
- Author(s)Belinda Ho,Gertrude Tinker Sachs
- PublisherCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2007
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Width185 mm
- Height260 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.