All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an essential resource for readers fascinated by clairvoyance, telekinesis, and the powers of the mind.Many people have experienced psi, whether as a sense of having been in a place before (deja vu), hearing a voice in their head that gave them guidance, or following their intuition. For some, these events can be attributed to coincidence, but for psychics, such episodes occur more frequently and intensely, often manifesting in dreams, trances, signs, or sensations. ESP, Psychokinesis, and Psychics explores the people who profess to have such talents and surveys the different ways of reading psychic signs. It examines the skeptics and organizations who investigate supernatural phemena and expose possible fraud and looks at how the media portray psychic phemena in everything from Harry Potter gazing into the Pensieve to TV shows like Ghost Whisperer and Medium to psychic crime fighters. This fascinating resource also gives readers the information they need to test and develop their own psychic abilities.The chapters include: Psychics: Who Are They and What Do They Do? Psychic Abilities, or How Do They Do That? Testing, Testing, or Does Psi Really Exist? Becoming a Psychic; and talking - and listening - to the animals.
- Author BiographyJoanne P. Austin has been writing about the paranormal for 20 years, contributing material to several books by Rosemary Ellen Guiley on strange and unexplained phenomena. Together, Austin and Guiley have examined everything from ghosts and psychics to vampires and witches to saints and angels. She lives in Texas.
- Author(s)Joanne Austin
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note20 full-colour & black-&-white illustrations, index, glossary, sidebars, timeline, endnotes, further resources
- Weight318 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.