All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn many fronts, EU development policy is at a critical juncture. In the face of major new challenges, such as the current impasse in the Doha Round of multilateral trade negotiations, and increasing concerns over security threats, the European Union is having to rethink much of its development policy both with its 'near neighbours' and in the South. How has the process of enlargement impacted on EU development policy? What would a 'development-friendly' trade policy look like? What kind of relations should the EU aspire to with North Africa and Middle East? Can the EU design a coherent approach towards developing countries or will its other interests, such as protectionism in agriculture or its neighbourhood policy, constrain its development policy? This edited volume, drawing on the expertise of well-kwn specialists in their respective fields, provides a critical overview of EU development policy and the challenges that it must confront in an increasingly volatile and changing world.
- Author Biography|Andrew Mold is Senior Economist at the OECD Development Centre in Paris.
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleEuropean Association of Development Institutes Publications
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAmsterdam University Press
- Out-of-print date26/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAndrew Mold
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.