All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessive enlargements of the EU have constituted major events in the history of European integration. They affect the Union's institutions, policies and policy-making processes and, because of the impact of these changes, enlargements have often been controversial. The major enlargement in 2004, which took the EU from 15 to 25 member countries, was followed by Romanian and Bulgarian membership in 2007 and Croatian membership in 2013. It is often argued that there is w enlargement fatigue, and progress towards the next step seems slow. However, a number of countries, especially in the Western Balkans, are eager to join, and Turkey has been an official candidate since 1999. Major challenges lie ahead for the candidates as well as the EU. Will the candidates be able to carry out the required reforms to fulfill the membership conditions, and will the EU be able - politically and institutionally - to widen its membership further? These decisions are of strategic importance for the future of Europe. This book analysis the issues involved, exploring the status of the ongoing enlargement process and the political games associated with it.
- Author BiographyFinn Laursen has a PhD in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania, USA, and holds a Canada Research Chair in EU Studies at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He directed the Dalhousie EU Centre of Excellence for six years (2006-12). Since 2007, he has also held an ad personam Jean Monnet Chair. His previous appointments include professorships at the European Institute of Public Administration, Maastricht, and the University of Southern Denmark, Odense.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleEurope Plurielle/Multiple Europes
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2013
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note16, Tabl.
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDr. Finn Laursen
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.