All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo the EU and NATO threaten Russian security? The book explores the rise of these exclusive a inter-democratica (TM) security institutions after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and the ensuing effects on relations with Russia. Two competing theories are tested to explore whether these institutions aggravate or mitigate the security dilemma with Russia. These institutions can be theorised to promote security as a positive-sum game through European integration and democracy promotion, or pursue collective hegemony with ideologically uncompromising bloc-politics. Glenn Diesen argues that a European security architecture that demotes the largest state on the continent to an object of security inevitably results in a European integrationa (TM) becoming a zero-sum geopolitical project that has set the West on a collision course with Russia.
- Author BiographyDr Glenn Diesen teaches at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. His research interests include European and Eurasian integration, Russian foreign policy and democratisation, European Union security and neighbourhood policy, energy politics, and missile defence. His most recent research area explores Russia's pivot to Asia.
- Author(s)Dr. Glenn Diesen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 2 b&w illustrations
- Weight584 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.