CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionIt is later this century, and the earth's natural resources have been rationed for use by techcrats. Now LifeCorp, a global company, makes all major decisions and robots do most of the work. Life otherwise is much as we kw it (except that your house talks to you and the kettle asks you how many cups of tea you want). When the Bell family's much-loved old-fashioned robot butler Grumps starts to go wrong, Mr Bell finds EGR3 through a colleague. But EGR3, kwn as Eager, is something different - programmed to learn through his experiences, like a human child. He also feels wonder, excitement - and confusion; t least a sense of awe at the latest, glamorous BDC4 robots, flaunted by the families of the powerful and wealthy techcrats. And he feels sorrow at the loss of Grumps, destroyed under strange circumstances. Then Gavin begins to think there is something odd about the BDC4s behaviour. With his sister Fleur, he investigates, enlisting Eager's help - with hilarious consequences. Questions are asked of LifeCorp and of Eager's creator and the answer to all the puzzles is finally solved. It leaves only the final question to be answered - the one closest to Eager's heart: am I alive?
- Author BiographyHelen Fox lives in London with her husband, who is a scientist. Before she became a writer she worked as a primary teacher, a marketing executive, and a tour guide. She trained and worked as an actress, and during this time rediscovered her love of creating stories. Helen has now given herself over to writing full-time. Eager is her first novel and she is already working on the sequel.
- Author(s)Helen Fox
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication17/06/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Out-of-print date07/01/2010
- Weight243 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.