All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best of the 1950s Eagle comics in one annual. From Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future, to PC 49, Harris Tweed, Extra Special Agent and Jeff Arld in Riders of the Range, The Eagle carried numerous strips right from its launch in 1950 through to the sixties. The fourpence-halfpenny weekly also featured plenty of sports coverage and the famous 'cutaway' diagrams of battle ships, steam trains, light aircraft, etc. Taking over the publishing licence from Egmont and Titan, we w have the opportunity to step up the current vogue for 'retro-futurism': rather than simply re-run straight facsimiles of the comics, the Eagle Annuals of the 1950s and 60s will be drawn from the vast Eagle archive and feature the strips as well as individual drawings/artwork, original advertisements and a present-day narrative. The idea is to create a superior object of desire for boys, lads and dads everywhere.
- Author BiographyDaniel Tatarsky is a veteran of the Subbuteo World Cup and author of Flick to Click, an illustrated history of Subbuteo. He was also editor for the Eagle Annual of the 1950s.
- Author(s)Daniel Tatarsky
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication18/10/2007
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note200
- Weight945 g
- Width220 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.