Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible for a person to find peace after enduring profound trauma? This is the question that haunts the lives of each of the characters in Eagle Visions, author Cindi Clarke's soulful sequel to the harrowing Trooper's Run, which explored the all-too-prevalent circumstance of domestic violence. Heroine Cidney has, at long last, healed from a perilous past with abusive ex-husband Owen. She has found meaningful, blissful love with her new husband, Dan, and has settled in to a cozy existence in the small town of Chugiak, Alaska, with their dogs Trooper, Chief, and Henry, and cat, Oreo. Her cheerful days at her doggy-care are eclipsed only by rapturous nights (and sometimes mornings) with Dan, her beloved soul mate. All too soon, however, Cidney's hard-won tranquility is disrupted by a host of mystifying occurrences. Her peaceful slumber is seized by dreams of White Eagle and Little Sister Raven. These visions prompt an unnerving feeling of dizziness, which is then followed by troubling heart palpitations. At the same time, Dan's young, pregnant niece Brenda arrives on the scene, seeking temporary refuge from college to discretely give birth-and find adoptive parents for the baby. While Cidney assures Dan that her curious dreams and symptoms are in way connected to the emergence of Brenda, other forces are at play. Unbekwnst to Cidney, there is a dark, new presence in their remote haven. Samuel, a troubled transient with a newly inked eagle tattoo, has made his way across the country to Chugiak. After surviving the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, Samuel has roamed from town to town in search of the angel who he believes guided him to safety on that tragic day. In Chugiak, he identifies that angel as Brenda. The events of dreams and daylight soon converge, revealing to Cidney the danger this individual poses to her vulnerable ward. Cidney must take the lead over these cturnal dream visitors, who she soon identifies as Inuit animal spirits. All the while, the fractured Sam closes in, leaving a trail of destruction in his path to join with Brenda. On her mission to protect Brenda, Cidney discovers inner reserves of strength, an ancient connection with the spirit world, a profound maternal desire, and a compassion that carries over to lost souls who are capable of extreme destruction. As Cidney fights for those she loves, she taps into connections that transcend the ages. Tender and elegant, Eagle Visions is a spiritual, spirited story for anyone seeking to overcome trauma-or for anyone simply seeking a tale well told.
- Author BiographyCindi Clarke is the author of Trooper's Run, her spiritual novel and introduction to the characters Cidney and Dan of Eagle Visions, which was also a tale based on personal experience. She is the author of My Best Friends Have Hairy Legs, which she published under the pen name Cierra Rantoul. Cindi currently lives in Texas with her husband David, their two dogs, Trooper and Henry.
- Author(s)Cindi Clarke Summerlin
- Date of Publication02/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.