All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarl Warren and the Warren Court comprises essays written by leading experts from the fields of law, history, and social science on the most important areas of the Warren Court's contributions in American law. In addition, Scheiber includes appraisals of the Warren Court's influence abroad, written by authorities of legal development in Europe, Latin America, Canada, and East Asia. This book offers a unique set of analyses that portray how invations in American law generated by the Warren Court led to a reconsideration of law and the judicial role-and in many areas of the world, to transformations in judicial procedure and the advancement of substantive human rights. Also explored within these pages are the personal role of Earl Warren in the shaping of Warren era law and the ways in which his character and background influenced his role as Chief Justice.
- Author BiographyHarry N. Scheiber is Stefan A. Riesenfeld Professor of Law and History on the Boalt Hall faculty at UC Berkeley.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication27/11/2006
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHarry N. Scheiber
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.