All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $31.48Free postage
- AU $34.72Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a detailed and illustrated study examining stitches, threads, techniques and the embroiderers of the period. The author is a well-kwn and respected authority in the field. It is a must for embroidery, fashion or textiles students, crafts people, textiles collectors and needlework enthusiasts. In this stunning book, Gail Marsh delves into the archives to research the personalities, varied and unusual techniques and tools that hand-embroiderers used in the period 1900-1939, before the outbreak of World War II. All the examples are from the RBKS Collection at Gawthorpe Hall, Lancashire where Gail is Curator. With a unique focus on the embroiderers themselves and their contributions to the craft, each chapter gives a short biography, design influences, materials, working practice and then the actual embroidery and how it was worked. These include unkwn but intriguing experts in the craft, as well as the famous names, such as Jessie Newbury, Ann Macbeth, Margaret Swanson, Mrs. Foster, Grace Christie and Joan Drew. Gail's in-depth research is presented in a highly readable manner, with contemporary quotes and social comment - making this an essential reference for fashion/textile/embroidery students; craftspersons interested in historical embroidery techniques; collectors of textiles and any needlework enthusiast wishing to extend their kwledge.
- Author BiographyGail Marsh has devoted her entire career to textiles and embroidery and has taught embroidery and design for 28 years. She has also been a textiles and knitwear designer and a design consultant for Marks and Spencer. In addition, she has exhibited her work, received commissions and written several books.
- Author(s)Gail Marsh
- PublisherGuild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGuild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 330 illustrations, 335 photographs
- Weight953 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.