All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWaking up early one morning, baby robin Early Birdy watches Mother Birdy catch a worm. Inspired, Early Birdy wants to catch one too. But catching a worm isn't as easy as it looks. Join Early Birdy on an exciting and funny adventure set in a beautiful springtime forest environment created by illustrator Bill Bolton. PictureReading Books: The stories in this series are told in pictures, t words...so children aged 3 to 5 (and older struggling readers) can 'read' the pictures to enjoy and understand the wordless narrative. Parents and teachers don't need to read these stories to their children, but they can create a dialogue by asking questions, spread-by-spread, with the result that your pre-schooler will soon be narrating what he or she sees in the pictures and telling you the story! These books also have wonderful potential in bilingual families, because they can be 'read' in any language.
- Author BiographyAs one of North America's most popular children's poets and authors of children's fiction, Bruce Lansky has turned millions of children 6 to 12 into poetry and fiction lovers. Now he is attempting something a lot harder--and succeeding: He has created stories for children 3 to 6 that are so engaging and entertaining, that kids who haven't learned how to read words yet are reading the pictures and telling the stories. They're a little shy at first. So a parent or teacher asks them what they see in the first picture. The child answers. the adult asks about the second picture, and before you know what is happening, the child is turning the pages and telling the story. Bruce Lansky has already created three PictuReading stories. They are being released one at a time. This is the first one. Use it to turn your child into a PictuReading book lover.
- Author(s)Bruce Lansky
- PublisherMeadowbrook Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationMinnetonka
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeadowbrook Press,U.S.
- Content Note20 full-page colour illustrations
- Width213 mm
- Height276 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bill Bolton
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.