All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly Capitals of Islamic Culture reproduces archaeological materials and selected masterpieces from the first centuries of Islam that, together, chart the transition from pre-Islamic to Islamic culture. Showing how ancient techniques and aesthetic practices were adapted alongside the appearance of bold new invations, the book provides deep insights into this fascinating period of art and cultural history. Published to accompany a major joint exhibition of the Sharjah Museums Department of the United Arab Emirates and the State Museums of Berlin, which hold a particularly rich collection of early Islamic art and artifacts and have among their aims the raising of public awareness about the achievements of early Islamic culture, the publication of Early Capitals of Islamic Culture also celebrates Sharjah s recognition as Islamic cultural capital for 2014.
- Author BiographyUlrike Al-Khamis is a senior strategic planning advisor for the Sharjah Museums Department of the United Arab Emirates and codirector of the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization. Stefan Weber is director of the Museum for Islamic Art in the Pergamon Museum, Berlin.
- Author(s)Stefan Weber,Ulrike Al-Khamis
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Arabic
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note107 colour
- Weight930 g
- Width235 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.