Early Childhood Music Therapy and Autism Spectrum Disorders: Developing Potential in Young Children and Their Families by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book includes an overview of recent developments in ASD and effective music therapy interventions based on ASD-specific approaches, instructional strategies and techniques for use in children's natural environments. Therapists wishing to conduct family-centered practice and to support parents integrate music into home routines will find a wealth of information, together with insights from music therapists who are parents of children with ASD. The book also looks at collaboration and consultation with interdisciplinary team members, including early childhood educators, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists. Case scenarios, examples, checklists, charts, tip sheets, music scores, and online resources make this book accessible for everyone. Throughout the book's sixteen chapters, rewned experts share kwledge and practical applications that will give music therapists, students, professionals, educators, families and anyone interested in working with young children with ASD, a detailed understanding of the implementation and range of music therapy practices that can benefit these children and their families.
- Author BiographyPetra Kern, Ph.D., MT-DMtG, MT-BC, MTA, owner of Music Therapy Consulting, has a clinical and research focus on young children with autism spectrum disorders, inclusion, and staff training. She is recipient of the AMTA 2008 Research/Publications Award, editor of imagine, and author of numerous publications. A former scholar at UNC at Chapel Hill, Dr Kern has taught at the University of Windsor and SUNY New Paltz, and currently teaches at Marylhurst University. She serves as the immediate Past President of the World Federation of Music Therapy (WFMT), on various editorial boards, and is a frequent international speaker and guest University lecturer. Petra lives in Santa Barbara, California. Marcia Humpal, M.Ed., MT-BC operates a small private practice in the Cleveland, OH area. Her clinical work focuses on early intervention and inclusion. She was a member of the advisory panel for Sesame Street's Music Works Wonders project, and has published and presented widely. A past Vice-President of AMTA, she co-chairs AMTA's Strategic Priority on Music Therapy and ASD Workgroup and serves on the editorial team of imagine. She received the AMTA Award of Merit in 2004. Marcia lives near Cleveland, OH in Olmsted Falls.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarcia Humpal,Petra Kern
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.