About this product
- DescriptionThe outdoor play environment has an integral role to play in a child's learning across the pivotal early childhood years. An outside space that is well designed allows for enriching, stimulating and challenging play experiences that meet children's ongoing developmental needs. Early Childhood Playgrounds provides a step-by-step guide to planning, designing and creating an outdoor learning environment for young children. Written by an experienced practitioner that has consulted on over 2000 early childhood settings and schools internationally, this book considers all aspects of the outdoor learning environment and provides practical support on: * planning procedures and ideas for designs; * a wide variety of play within a playground through the inclusion of quiet, open and active play areas; * stimulating and challenging play; * a natural environment that will provide interest and sustainability; * spaces for toddlers and babies; * playground needs for children with additional needs. This book will be fascinating reading for those studying early childhood and practitioners looking into the ways and means of setting up, improving or expanding their outdoor play facilities. It is also geared towards other disciplines, making it an essential guide for architects and planning professionals wanting to gain a greater understanding of play and the vital role it takes in meeting children's needs and development.
- Author BiographyPrue Walsh is an early childhood graduate whose work has concentrated on creating effective and stimulating early childhood play environments. This work covers site assessment and the design of buildings and playgrounds in early childhood centres. Prue has also been involved in the development of public policy documents, most significantly the Best Practice Guidelines in Early Childhood Physical Environments.
- Author(s)Prue Walsh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 black & white halftones, 19 colour line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.