All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving a good grasp of the theories of child development and how these translate into practice can make a positive difference to how you understand babies and children and the ways in which you can help them learn. This approachable guide offers easy access to a wide range of concepts, as well as classic and current theories, about how babies and children learn. Each chapter offers clear guidance on how to recognise the theory in action and suggests ways to test these ideas out in early years settings, supporting the development of reflective practice. Case studies are included throughout, along with questions to guide thinking and encourage readers to develop their practice. Summaries conclude each chapter offering a quick reference of the theory examined and the benefits of applying it to practice. Early Childhood Theories and Contemporary Issues is an essential guide for all those looking to develop and enhance their practice in supporting child development within the early years.
- Author BiographyMine Conkbayir is currently undertaking a PhD in early childhood education and neuroscience. She is a lecturer and training director for the Membership Body, National Early Years Trainers and Consultants (NEyTCO). She is the author of Early Childhood and Neuroscience: Theory, Research and Implications for Practice (Bloomsbury, 2017). Christine Pascal is Director of the Centre for Research in Early Childhood, UK, which undertakes local, national and international research, training and consultancy work for all those involved in early childhood education and care. She is also President of the European Early Childhood Education Research Association.
- Author(s)Christine Pascal,Mine Conkbayir
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note14 bw illus
- Weight430 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.