Early Childhood and Primary Education: Readings & Reflections by Jane Johnston, John Halocha (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the historical and philosophical ideas underpinning practice in early childhood and primary education. It pulls together key extracts from influential sources and provides helpful editorial commentary explaining the importance of each article to provide an essential reader in early childhood and primary education. It enables easy access to key theoretical ideas and seminal texts to provide a firm understanding of such ideas, as well as placing current issues within an historical and theoretical context. Reflective tasks provide opportunities for the reader to stand back from current practice and beliefs to review their own philosophy of education. These tasks, together with the editorial commentary, help develop the necessary understandings and insights to engage in critical debate on current issues in professional practice. Although early years and primary education are often seen as separate stages of development, children are expected to progress from one stage to ather in a seamless way and the historical and philosophical ideas influencing practice at the different stages are often the same or similar. The book supports education professionals to understand and reflect on children's experiences across a range of stages. This is an ideal book for students on Early Childhood Studies, Early Years and Primary Education courses, as well as professionals working with children from birth to 11 years of age.
- Author BiographyJane Johnston is a Reader in Education at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. She works in three distinct areas; early childhood, primary science and practitioner research. Jane is widely published and her books include Developing Teaching Skills in the Primary School (Open University Press, 2007) which she co-authored with John Halocha and Mark Chater. John Halocha is Reader in Geography Education and Academic Coordinator for Geography at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. He taught in primary schools for seventeen years and was deputy head teacher in two schools. John is widely published and was President of the Geographical Association for 2009/2010.
- Author(s)Jane Johnston,John Halocha
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight289 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.