All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly Christianity and Ancient Astrology explores a variety of responses to astrology, the most popular form of divination among early Christians in Greco-Roman antiquity. After a brief overview of ancient astrological theory and a survey of polemical responses to it, this book documents instances in which early Christian writers and communities incorporated astrology positively into their beliefs and practices. This study is of interest to students of early Christianity and of Greco-Roman religion and to those concerned with interfaith relations or with issues of Christian unity and diversity. It is particularly recommended for use in courses on the history of Christianity and on the religions of Greco-Roman antiquity.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Tim Hegedus received his Ph.D. in religious studies from the University of Toronto. He is Associate Professor of New Testament at Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. His research interests focus on interfaith relations in antiquity and in the modern world.
- Author(s)Tim Hegedus
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitlePatristic Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight800 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.