All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan contractors and specialists add value to a project by their early involvement in design, pricing, risk management and programming? How can this be structured and what role do contracts have to play? What is the impact on procurement and project management? Commentators from Banwell to Egan have recommended earlier contractor appointments, and this has also been linked to successful project partnering. How are the two related? Early Contractor Involvement in Building Procurement considers the case for a two stage procurement approach based on a system of agreed project processes during the preconstruction phase. It examines the ways in which a contract can describe and support this model throughout its procurement, partnering and project management, and is illustrated with case studies taken from projects and programmes across the construction and engineering industry. The roles of the various parties involved, the obstacles they encounter and the benefits they can achieve are examined in detail. There is practical guidance on how to improve speed, ecomy, sustainability, change control, dispute avoidance, and client satisfaction. This book bridges the gap between contract law, partnering and project management and will be essential reading for middle and senior management at construction contractors, consultants and clients in both the public and private sectors.
- Author BiographyDavid Mosey is head of the Projects and Construction Group at Trowers & Hamlins, and is a specialist in UK/international construction and engineering law with over 30 years' experience. He advises project teams engaged on a wide range of building and infrastructure projects. David has been described as a 'partnering guru' and has guided his clients through more than 200 partnered projects and programmes with values ranging from GBP1m to GBP800m. He is the author of PPC2000, the first Standard Form of Project Partnering Contract, and co-author of both the SPC2000 Specialist Partnering Contract and the TPC2005 Term Partnering Contract .
- Author(s)David Mosey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width182 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.