All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo plays for adults about children. Early Days contains two off-beat, unsentimental and text-based plays that are ideal for physical theatre; there are massive opportunities for slapstick, clowning, mime and movement. In 'Contractual Obligations', we watch as a mother fails to bond with her son and the consequences of that failure for both of them. In 'Armageddon' we see a child disintegrating as the parents argue and fight their way towards a divorce. The plays do t require child actors and they both try to illuminate the muddled and frightened feelings of a child caught up in a situation that he or she does t understand. They attempt to show how a child identifies with the unhappiness of his or her parent and how much a child struggles to take the responsibility on his or her shoulders when their family is in trouble. The common claim is that children are resilient, but a great many social evils that afflict children - drug and alcohol addiction, criminality - might be avoided if we face the fact that children pay a heavy price, one way or ather, when they receive inadequate parenting. These plays also emphasise that this is t bound by class or income.
- Author BiographyCaroline Mitchell Rehder was born in Kent but has spent her adult life in America, Scotland and Switzerland. Caroline has had plays performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and in Holland and Switzerland. Her first play book, The Muse Sneezes, has been taught as part of the school curriculum in schools in Switzerland.
- Author(s)Caroline Mitchell Rehder
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.