All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new volume reviews early detection approaches and possible subsequent interventions for psychosis. After introductory chapters, various methods for early detection t only in adults, but also adolescents are described. In this context, the validity of the psychosis high-risk state is debated along with whether early detection is indeed helpful, or actually stigmatizing, for the patient. Further contributions review neuroimaging, including structural and functional MRI, as well as pattern recognition methods and measurement of connectivity abrmalities. Neurocognitive and neurophysiological assessments are also discussed in detail. The last part focuses on early intervention for emerging psychosis, including psychological methods, n-pharmacological substances and pharmacological treatments. Overall conclusions and future perspectives are provided in a final chapter. This book is a state-of-the-art review of current options. It is important reading for researchers and clinicians faced with recognizing and treating psychosis in the most timely and effective manner possible.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleKey Issues in Mental Health
- Series Part/Volume Number181
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note16, 16 fig., 10 in color, 11 tab.
- Weight680 g
- Edited byA. Riecher-Rossler,Patrick D. McGorry
- Series Edited byA. Riecher-Rossler,N. Sartorius
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.